Monday, September 26, 2016

Morris Hexathon......Blocks 18, 19, 20, 21

I'm am finally up to date with the Morris Hexathon. Someone asked in a comment last post if these were hand sewn.

Yes. Every teeny tiny stitch.

I love to hand sew. That's what attracted me to the Hexathon. Next I'm going to try my hand at applique as I haven't really done at lot in the past.

It wasn't the best day to take pictures as it's raining buckets...not literally of course:)

18. Parquetry


19. Woodford Green

I was a bit worried about doing curves but in actual fact they were very easy to do.

20. Walthamstow
I didn't notice the thread in the middle until now...oh well


21. Queen Square

I didn't follow the original sample but did my own thing as I really don't have very many colours left to choose from...24 diamonds and 6 triangles.
I'm starting to run out of fabric so the next five blocks will be a challenge to eke out of what is left.

Linking today with....Books and Quilts

 and, Hibiscus Stitches.....


Take care:)

8 comments:

  1. You have done a great job of catching up! Your blocks are lovely - I do like your colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colours and the blocks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary Ann,

    Oh I love your hexagons, just perfect. Good luck with your project.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks. I like the hexathon too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh No19 is beautiful! And yes indeed it would be something amazing to see buckets falling from the sky, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are another wonderful assortment. I like the idea of hand piecing them. i'm not all that good at machine sewing set in seams.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Mary Ann and I'm in awe that these are all hand stitched, beautiful work! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty blocks Mary Ann, love the colours of number 20.

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/